Noah Group Megatron Metal Bed Frame Assembly and Review

Noah Group Megatron Metal Bed Frame Assembly and Review

Buy it at Amazon: Noah Group Megatron Metal Bed Frame [Affiliate Link]

Takeaway: Sturdy, straightforward assembly, a few cosmetic defects but don't see them anyway.

The bed requires assembly that took me about 40 minutes with relatively little frustration. Be sure to check to contents of the box against the parts list on the instructions to verify that you have everything you need to assemble the frame before getting started. One thing to keep in mind when putting the bed together is that there are specific orientations for the feet, and sides of the frame to make sure you can mount all the slats and bars correctly. The 20 slats were thinner and narrower than I expected, and all the pieces are hollow which keeps the frame fairly lightweight at about 50 lbs. One of things I didn't like about this frame was that some of the bars had scratches/scrapes on them where the pieces were touching in the box. One of the plastic feet was also loose/cracked but still usable. These cosmetic defects haven't affected the frame structurally and in general I don't mind because I never see the flaws as they're hidden under the bed.

During assembly the trickiest part was lining up the holes for the screws to go through when attaching pieces together. I'd say 80% of the screws fit just fine with the other 20% needing a little wiggling and a few turns from the Allen wrench to get through. For the head and foot struts, I found that the bars that go into the foot bracket sometimes fit better when I flipped them over. I think those pieces may have a "top " and "bottom" that lets them fit and have the holes line up properly. The slats for the mattress don't screw into the frame. They simply slide into holder brackets but they're secure and don't move around. This also makes the frame easy to disassemble if you need to move it. While the slats seem durable enough, but I'd be cautious of putting too much weight in the middle of a single bar during assembly because others have reported that these could bend.

When used with a memory foam mattress, like the one I have, there's very little stress, motion, and movement transfer to the frame itself. Even when jumping on the bed, trying to shake it, and moving it around the room, the frame remained silent and structurally sound. With a traditional innerspring mattress things may be a little more dicey especially if you don't use a box spring or plywood over the slats to even out the pressure on individual bars.

My mattress weighs about 150 lbs and I weigh about 125 lbs; I typically sleep on one side of the bed (not in the middle), and I haven't had any issues with the bedframe so far (been using it for a month). Overall it seems pretty solid. I like the construction quality, although it took a little longer to assemble than expected. Cosmetic defects aside, I didn't have any major issues with mine. I expect it to last with my mattress, but I'll update this review if the frame starts to fail or if I have other issues.

Buy it at Amazon: Noah Group Megatron Metal Bed Frame [Affiliate Link]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ezapor 100 Inch Foldable Indoor/Outdoor Movie Projector Screen Review